Wednesday, June 11, 2008

We'd like a room with a flushing toilet, please

Yes, I know that I have been neglecting this blog lately. Things have been a little crazy around the house. We just finished up our Scrap Scouts challenge at AC Bailey and have a month off before we start our next one, but I've been busy participating (not in charge of anything this time!)in a month-long challenge at My Scrapbook Nook, another of my favorite places to be online. The talent there has been amazing, and I've been having lots of fun with their challenges.

Ok, so I have gone completely off topic here.

For our anniversary Matt and I (and little baby Aimee, of course)went to Carlsbad, New Mexico for a little much needed R&R and a little break from the daily grind. It was only a 3 hour drive, but by the time we got there we were so ready to be out of the car. Especially little Aimee. She was such a trooper. Matt got us checked into the hotel, we went to our room and got everything unloaded and then I walked in the bathroom only to see the toilet clogged. Yuck. So, Matt called the manager and we were given a new room. A king-size suite. SWEET! Yeah, bad joke.

Anyway, we got our things and I jokingly told Matt that we should make sure the toilet flushed before we decided to stay. We really wanted to be in that room. It had a king-size bed, a living room area and kitchen, and most exciting of all- a jacuzzi tub. So, we checked the toilet and it FLUSHED. We were so excited. And then a few minutes later when I really had to go, it didn't flush again. We were so bummed. We decided to wait it out and see if the reason it wouldn't flush was because there were so many people at the hotel that weekend (graduations and Memorial Day) and were so glad we did.

One piece of advice for the next time you stay in a hotel...check the toilet to make sure it works before you get all of your things unloaded. You would think that a flushing toilet came standard with all hotel reservations, but apparently that is not always the case.

No comments: