Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sing sweet nightengale

Are you familiar with that song? It's the song that Cinderella sings while she is scrubbing the floor.

I was downstairs taking care of Aimee after we got home from picking apples yesterday and kept hearing what sounded like water. If you know much about our kids you will know that they love to play in the water. Anyway, I ran upstairs expecting to maybe find some water on the floor in the bathroom, but instead I found this:



Water all over the floor and a whole bottle of handsoap wasted. I questioned the girls about it and Hailey told me they were doing "Sing Sweet Nightengale" and that she'd told Sarah she needed to scrub the floor like Cinderella. They were just cleaning the floor, she said, and how could I argue with that? So, instead of getting really frustrated I ran to get the camera knowing this would make for a great blog story. Then we all cleaned it up. It took 5 or 6 towels to get it all. Silly kids.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Becky! How sweet! I'm sorry I can't help but giggle, that is too too cute. I don't think I could have gotten mad either. :)

The Scrapbook Supply Store said...

LOL I first saw the picture and said "OMG" and then I read the story behind it and couldn't help but laugh. How cute are they! How creative to even think of that LOL

Laura Gilhuly said...

LOL! Love the story!!!!!

Bonnie said...

Way too funny. Glad you got a laugh out of it. Mark says that you're better than him. He says he would have flipped out. What a cute story. We all got a good chuckle. Miss you.

leah said...

Great story, Becky... Ah. girls. LOL. {I must admit, I knew exactly what they were talking about, though! one of my fave Cinderella scenes!}