Saturday, April 11, 2009

color inspiration

One of my favorite card inspiration blogs to visit is My Scrapbook Nook design team member, Jen Pohl's blog, Torn Paper. She also runs the Caardvarks card challenge blog and does many other amazing things. I love her simple but beautiful style and love the color combo challenges she puts on her blog. So...I am going to start trying them. Here is the newest one, added to her blog today.

It's a beautiful mix of colors, ones that I don't typically use in my scrapping, but I'll give it a go and post what I make as soon as it's done. If you create something with it, too, make a comment on this post with a link to your project so I can see.

Thanks, Jen, for the wonderful inspiration on your blog!

Here is my attempt at the color challenge.

p.s. I kinda cheated on this one. The colors aren't exact, but pretty darn close. How did I cheat? I used the April kit from AC Bailey and the colors were similar, only the green is a little bit different. Everything is from the kit (SEI Bridgeport papers, flowers, ribbon) except for the little black button and the blue Stampin' Up! ink.

2 comments:

Jenyfur said...

You are so sweet! Thank you for the nice words. :) Some of the color combos are pretty challenging, but I guess that's the point, huh lol. I'm a challenge junkie. :) Can't wait to see what you put together for this one!

Sherri said...

I love these colours. My pages are full of 'em. Nice job, beautiful card.