Thursday, April 16, 2009

where dark meets the light

The forecast says we're supposed to get heavy thunderstorms tonight...just part of the daily grind here during Spring in west Texas. It's old hat, something I surely don't LOVE about living here but something I am used to. I don't like the thunderstorms because with them is always the threat of impending tornadoes. Hopefully we won't have to worry about those tonight.

I took this picture standing on my front porch looking slightly northwest. I love that you can see the beautiful day we had enjoyed just moments before when the kids were swinging in the backyard contrasted with the rain that started just after this picture was taken.

Now it is raining steadily, something we surely need in these dry parts, something those cotton farmers will be grateful for today.

I hope that you are having a good day wherever you might be.

4 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

We are hoping for the rain too. It is to start tomorrow for us. stay safe.

Kristii said...

Beautiful!!!! I hope you had a very peaceful night!!

Janelle said...

That is an awesome picture!! It totally captures how quickly the weather can change around here!

Anonymous said...

That is a really cool picture. Weather is pretty fun to watch. I remember watching a storm come through a while ago where it was snowing across the street, but clear at our house. That was pretty cool.