Friday, June 19, 2009

a few good men

We were sitting down to dinner and Hailey out-of-the-blue asked us if there were still any good boys to marry. It kind of took us by surprise but we assured here that there were indeed some good ones left. She said that there are some of each kind...some are nice and some are mean and that we need to marry the nice ones. You can't marry a boy that is mean, after all. And then Sarah piped in that a boy can't marry a mean lady like Ursula (from the Little Mermaid, of course). Hailey then told me that she has to marry a good one, like I did. Cute girl. I did in fact get a good one. The best.

What a sweet girl. It's funny that she thinks about this so much, but she watches tons of shows with princes marrying princesses and we talk about how we need to look for someone who is kind, etc. I just hope she remembers all of this when she gets older and starts to date and starts thinking about who she will marry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that it is nice that there are enough good ones to go around for all of the nice girls too...I am also one of the lucky ones.:)