Saturday, July 25, 2009

Webster's Pages

I can remember the first time I was introduced to the loveliness of Webster's Pages- it was in a kit from My Scrapbook Nook. I pulled the papers out of the box and while I was amazed at how beautiful the colors and patterns were I had no idea where to start in terms of using them to scrapbook. They were so pretty I didn't want to cut into them and mess them up, even though I had two of each sheet in my kit.

Have you ever felt that way before? Do you think that's silly?

Anyway, the Webster's Pages papers practically beg for you to cut out the intricate designs and after a while of hemming and hawing I decided to dig in and just cut and play and loved the result. I have since purchased another kit with more WP products (the Sweet as Cherry Pie paper that I used on some 4th of July pages that I showed you here) and just got some in the mail the other day.


This time, however, I jumped right in with both feet as they say and quickly made a page that I really quite like. That's a miracle considering the way I've felt about some of my other recent work! So, here you go...a Hailey page with the beautiful Webster's Pages. the flowers on the top and bottom were handcut from some of the patterned paper, as were the little butterflies. It's hard to tell from this picture but I added some Stickles glitter glue, too, to spice things up a little. The little flowers are from Prima (courtesy of my August Scrapbook Nook kit, and the trims as well). Oh, and the letter stickers are foam Thickers from American Crafts. I can't seem do many pages without my Thickers.

This picture was taken during our trip to Aurora, Colorado about a month and a half ago.

4 comments:

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Great use of those papers, Becky. Just beautiful.

And yes, I know the feeling of not wanting to cut those papers. They look so intrikate to work with, but my guess iss you just have to jump into it - like you did (I love tha back of WP papers, they are a lot less frightening).

LG said...

Love the way you've used those pps. it's gorgeous becky!

Phoebe said...

Awesome page, Becky!! What a beautiful picture of Hailey!! I know exactly what you mean...sometimes it just feels wrong to cut into those pretty papers. But it's so worth it once you finally do. ;) Beautiful page!!

Anonymous said...

Soooo... you say you have more than one sheet of these papers huh? ;) I really like the page (as if you couldn't already tell...)