Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm no domestic goddess

I love the vintage images in the Domestic Goddess collection from Graphic 45 featured in the October kit from My Scrapbook Nook but to tell you the truth, I'm not a very good vintage-y scrapper. I do try but have so much to learn. I thought that I would make my first layout about me since I don't do that very often.

I liked the idea of the "domestic goddess" images, a perfectly pressed and aproned woman, very June Cleaver-ish and very much like some women I know. They bake their own bread, keep a sparkling clean house, sew clothes for their children, are involved in many activities in church and community. While I would love to be better at a lot of things, I most certainly am no June Cleaver or Betty Crocker. I have been known to cook a meal poured out of a box or bag, my house is not always clean and I don't do windows or a number of other things. I'd rather throw my husband's white shirts back into the dryer than pull out the iron.

I am a pretty good mom and wife, I think, and I do love my family, and that's what matters most. I love my three girls and love to spend time with them, love to hear their laughter, love to watch them play nicely together, to do silly things and to sing sweet songs. I love it when Sarah takes Aimee's hand and says, "here, Aimee, I'll hold your hand so you won't fall down." There are certainly some sweet moments. And, I have the best man in the world as my husband. It is because of him and his hard work that I can stay home with my girls.

I wouldn't change a thing.

So, while the stresses of being a mom, wife, homemaker can be rough at times, I love it.





Thanks for stopping by!!

9 comments:

all the days of our life said...

beautiful, I love that pps. the flower is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Oh I think your vintage layout is beautiful! I love this big fabric flower and the little touches of lace. Love it!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

jenifer said...

soo cute! and, i think you are closer to june cleaver than you think!!

Sherri said...

I'm with you. I find vintage a hard style also. But, I do believe that anything we scarp about ourselves is a true gift to our children, and perhaps even their children, so good on ya!

Janelle said...

I really struggle with the vintage things too, so I tend to just avoid them! :) I like what you did here with them. Oh, and I completely agree with what you said about ironing - - definitely my least favorite household job!! I have been known to throw shirts back in the dryer several times. :)

jenifer said...

becky... although we had a fun afternoon, the fair wasn't great. all the animals were gone except the sheep and bunnies and i think they were packing the sheep up while we were there. unless you REALLY want to eat a fried snickers bar, i wouldn't worry about missing it this year. (i think most of the animals left Sunday) just fyi...

laterg8r said...

what a great page :D

Anonymous said...

So I make my girls clothes and I make my own bread...I am no June Cleaver of Martha Stewart either. My house is a mess, my kids scream too much and I feel like a failure too often to want to scrap about it. I like your page though and one of these days I know I should do one.

Anonymous said...

Oh my I love this LO!! The title is awesome!!