Thursday, September 3, 2009

a walk in the park and My Scrapbook Nook's gorgeous September kit

I thought that when Hailey started kindergarten this year I would have lots of time to get things done around the house. The opposite seems to be true, as I believe I've mentioned here before. I have found that instead of having MORE time I have less, mainly because the two younger ones are requiring more attention, more help to keep them busy with one activity or another.

This morning after dropping Hailey off at school we decided to go to the park by our house. Of course we stopped by home first to get the camera since I didn't want to miss out on any "Kodak moments." I'm grateful for that becuase we got some fun shots today!

Sarah and Aimee had fun walking around the little lake, watching the ducks, picking flowers and jumping in puddles left by the sprinklers earlier this morning.The girls both ended up soaked and muddy from the puddles but we had such a great time that I don't even care if the stains come out or not.

Here's a peek at some of our fun:




Sarah is becoming such a good bigger sister. She's the first to help Aimee when she needs something, will hold her hand to help her over a bump, anything to help her little sister.

Well...most of the time. Of course they have their moments when they don't get along and are fighting about something but for now I'll just think of the good.

Nothing could top puddle jumping except maybe a watermelon slush from Sonic on the way home. After that was coloring and painting and a little "Max and Ruby."

Now if I could just get myself motivated to finish that paint job and get some other chores done.

My September kit from My Scrapbook Nook should be here today!! WOOHOO!!!

Here's a little peek to tide you over until I get my first project done:



Isn't it absolutely gorgeous??!! I can't wait for that box to arrive at my house.
Have a wonderful day!!

4 comments:

laterg8r said...

i love the jumping in the puddle pic - great shot :D

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you named your daughter Aimee! I'd have thought with all the Amy's from high school you'd be worn out of that name. They look like little Nearing's though, that is for sure!

Zarah said...

Loooove the photos! :)

LG said...

WOW! These are amazing photos Becky! Very scrapable!s