Thursday, November 19, 2009

getting in the mood for Christmas

My December Scrapbook Nook kit arrived and as I knew from the pictures it is GORGEOUS! I love the classic, pretty Christmas colors and the beautiful Prima newsprint flowers and lovely trims and things included in the kit.

We were so sick at Christmas time last year, Matt and I still were anyway, so I don't have a lot of pictures from last Christmas. So, because I was anxious to start working with my kit I grabbed some Christmas decorations from Walmart one morning (all of our stuff is still packed away up in the attic and Matt needs to find some time to haul it all down) and took some pictures of the girls.

Wouldn't you just know that they pictures and the kit go perfectly together?!

I was so pleased!!! I added some fun doodling, some hand stitching and used some of the embellishments (snowflakes, acetate trees, rhinestones) from the Making Memories kit.









Can I tell you how much I LOVE those Prima newsprint flowers!!! For this layout I inked the outer petals in two shades of green and then inked the center with red and I kinda like how it turned out.

I hope you are having a great day!

8 comments:

Lisa Carroll said...

Beautiful layout Becky. You always do such a good job adding the little details that make the whole layout shine!

Sherri said...

Great layout Becky. It made me smile as soon as I saw it. Nicely done, and good for you to get a jump start on the pix.

Rebecca Keppel said...

The flowers do look great and I also love how you cut and cinched the argyle border.

LisaDay said...

Love that layout to pieces!!

Anonymous said...

Cute idea for a layout theme. And I like the colors too. I agree that you do a very good job at making sure there are plenty of details...not too much, just enough.

Jenyfur said...

I really love this layout - totally pub worthy, it's just gorgeous and the design rocks!

kate blue said...

you should've submitted this for publication somewhere...totally fab!!!

laterg8r said...

love how your flower turned out, love the LO :D