Tuesday, December 29, 2009

happy birthday to Sarah

Yes, today is Sarah's birthday. Our sweet, sassy, smart, athletic, artsy, silly Sarah turned 4 today.

She is small compared to her sisters and will probably always be that way but she sure makes up for it in personality and determination. I love that she's so spunky and love that while sometimes she can get on my last nerve she can also be the sweetest little thing.

Hailey is sick today...seems we're sharing the flu at our house and now Hailey has it with very high fevers (over 105 today). The girls all have had the same symptoms and it seems to take a few days to get over so I just have to be patient and know that the end of all this yuckiness is coming soon.

For now I will share with you a Sarah page made using the gorgeous Cupid line from Pink Paislee and my January kit from My Scrapbook Nook.



and a couple of detail shots:



I put the rub-on (red angel) on some cardstock and cut it out.
I used some scraps of the brown die-cut paper and adhered it to some of the ivory heart paper,
 then used my old school scallop scissors for the edge and then did some faux stitching with my Sharpie.
The pearls are KaiserCraft and the trim by Prima. Isn't this Cupid collection just gorgeous?
 I don't think I'll be able to resist buying some more!!



Thanks for stopping by today. I have lots of recent pics I want to share with you (building a snowman, Christmas, etc.) and maybe I'll get some of that up later today. Now I'm going to go take a nap!

4 comments:

Rebecca Keppel said...

Gorgeous layout. I love the baby and recent picture together and all the PP layers. Hope you all are feeling better. And Happy Birthday to your sweet girl.

Jenyfur said...

oh my word! would it be ok if i lifted this layout exactly when i get my kit?! becky, it's amazing. one amazing layout after another. love love love this. happy birthday to little sarah. i remember age 3 was the most trying time with my kids, i was soooo happy when they turned 4 lol.

Michelle said...

Happy birthday to your little girl!!!

I love rub-ons, I can't wait to try the technique you used.

laterg8r said...

so lovely :D

love the flower and title and your little angel :D

happy birthday :D