Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Homemade Treats from Color Me Daisy


Do you remember this cute kit that I showed you?
Full of Basic Grey Nook & Pantry and We R Memory Keepers Twirl and lots of adorable embellishments, it's been so fun to play with.

Here's a picture of the cute, cute kit:




At Color Me Daisy we are on a rotating schedule where we design every other month, but I end up buying the kits on my off months anyway, so here are a couple of layouts I've put together so far.



Here's my Hailey from a couple months back when the kids did their program at church. Hailey was asked to sing a solo for that program- just the first verse of a song, and she did beautifully, even as sick as she was that day. I was amazed at her poise and confidence and was so very proud of her. It brought tears to my eyes as she sang with her beautiful angelic voice. I used mostly Nook & Pantry on this one with a bit of the WRMK in the butterflies. The red gingham was cut from the stripey piece of paper from the N&P set.



Lots of layering of the little stickers and lots and lots of butterflies.
Yep, I think I love my Martha Stewart butterfly punch.



For this second layout I used some Nook & Pantry for the background and then mostly
WRMK products for the rest of the page.



I love the little Maya Road journal spots but for where I wanted to put this one on my layout the cute little owl's head was going to get cut off so I simply pulled out my kraft knife and did a little cutting.
Oh, so that you know, these pictures were taken on Thanksgiving. Sarah and I were at home celebrating the holiday because she had the stomach flu and was so-so sick. Poor girl. Later in the day I gave her a bath and she seemed to be feeling better so we took some pics of her and her little sparkly magic wand. Even when she was feeling horrible she still had a smile to share. Cute girl.



I cut the flower-shaped WRMK paper and mounted it on the cute pink polka dot Nook & Pantry, did some inking around the edges and some faux stitching. I like that such simple thing like that can make a big difference in my page. I also used my Apron Lace punch.


Here's that little owlie- I added Glossy Accents to his eyes.



And there you have it. I have to teach preschool group today but perhaps tomorrow I can do some more scrapping and have something new to share with you. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your Marthat Stewart butterfly punch too. I also like the flower shaped paper on the page with Sarah. Very cute. I should probably clean the desk off today so I can sit here and copy your pages.

Sherri said...

So cute, I especially like the 2nd layout. I love how you outline your alphas from time to time, it adds new dimension.

Rebecca Keppel said...

Beautiful layouts :) Love the journaling around the shaped paper.

laterg8r said...

love those butterflies - great lo's :D