Wednesday, March 10, 2010

our 3 chicks

People like to ask us if we are going to have any more kids and if we do, would we like to have a boy next time.

Do you want to know the truth? Of course I would be happy to have a boy and think that Matt would like a little "mini me" to pal around with but I grew up in a family of 6 girls and no boys. Each of my sisters who has kids has had all girls up until about a year ago when my youngest sister had a boy-finally- someone broke the chain and you'd think the family would have thrown a parade in her husband's honor for finally overpowering the girl-making Nearing genes. It IS after all the guy who makes the difference but Matt likes to say that my sisters and I have "anti-male antibodies" preventing any of us from having boy babies.

Silly him.

Anyway, we are more than happy with our little girls, even at times when they are emotional and dramatic and picky, etc. I would have no idea what to do with a boy, but I guess we'd figure it out if we did have a boy.

One of the fun things about having kids is trying to get everyone to look at the camera-at the same time-for a group picture. More often than not the pictures end up looking like this one and we just roll with it because that's just the way it goes.

Here I've used some Jillibean Soup "Egg Drop Soup" paper, stamps and stickers along with some blue "Soup Staples" for the background. I really like the little chickie stamps and wanted to make each one different so I stamped each one twice- once on white cardstock and then once on patterned paper and cut out the little egg shells and also stamped the grass on green paper and painstakingly cut out each blade.


I hope you're having a good day- it's a blustery west Texas day for me.

8 comments:

Beth said...

Love the details on this page, and I agree, having two girls, myself, I wouldn't know what to do with a boy!

BabyBokChoy said...

Here's a silly question for you since your last line was about Texas, do you have a Texan accent? :)

Jenny Svensson said...

They are so cute, your girlies! Adn this is a really, really lovely layout. I love everything about it!

Anonymous said...

That is a lot of detail and painstaking attention devoted to one page. I really like the chick stamps though so I may have to use that technique...not quite ready to do the grass though.

Gina said...

wow. Props to you on that grass!!! I enlarged the LO to see the detail...that must have taken forever!!! Cute page. :)

angie said...

trust me, i don't know what all to do sometimes being the only one with a boy. you just kinda learn and go with the flow!

Sherri said...

I love the Spring-y, freshness of this lo.

Rebecca Keppel said...

So cute--love how you used the little chickies for a non easter page :)