Monday, December 13, 2010

a little weekend hiatus

I know that I just haven't been around much lately...sorry.

Tis the season for being busy, busy, busy...well, at least as busy as this little baby allows me to be.

It's so funny to me that the baby is demanding so much attention already...Maybe this means that he/she (since we aren't ruling out the possibility of us having a boy-as nervous as that makes me) will be very low-key once born. I will keep my fingers crossed, anyway.

It is hard to believe that we are less than two weeks away from Christmas- where in the world did all of my time go? I still have decorating to do, treats to make, goodie bags to put together for a first grade class, presents to wrap (and buy!) and Secret Santa-ing to do.

We always pick a family in need and drop off gifts anonymously to them- you know the drill- put the presents on the doorstep and then high-tail it out of there before they can see who you are. It is so much fun and the kids really like to get involved in the shopping and delivering of gifts. I think it's a great way to teach them that Christmas is not just about what they are going to receive, but also about what they can give to others.

On Saturday Hailey and I started a new tradition- we went to see Lubbock Ballet's "The Nutcracker" and it was absolutely spectacular. I wasn't sure what to expect from the ballet here since I'd been to the "BIG CITY" ballet in Oakland and San Francisco, California so my standards were pretty high. They were, in fact, amazing. The whole performance was just delightful, so breathtaking and wonderful. Hailey wants to dance all of the time now and it makes me wonder if it's time for them to take a break from gymnastics (which we've been involved with now for almost 4 years here) and do something new.

After the show Hailey had the chance to meet some of the dancers, particularly Clara and the Mouse King as well as one of the others. She thought that was so very cool.

I hope that your day is merry and that your holidays will be joyful.

I still keep hoping for that Christmas snow that we got last year but for some reason don't really think it's going to happen.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

How fun!! We have been doing some secret santa-ing ourselves....I love it, mostly because I love how much the kids love it! I hope you guys have a great holiday!