Monday, January 10, 2011

making a better you in 2011

I don't have anything scrappy to share with you today; the day started out kind of rough and I am starting to wonder if the sick-to-my-stomach stuff will ever end in this pregnancy. Throwing up just isn't my idea of a good time.  But, we take things one day at a time, right? And, next week we get to find out the sex of the baby and I've felt the baby move more the last week and I know that this will all be worth it.

I have a friend who has started something new on her blog this year and she's entitled it, "Making Home a Heaven in 2011." You can read all about how it started here in this post of hers:

http://lifeaslou.blogsome.com/2011/01/01/making-home-a-heaven-in-2011/

Each month Leah will choose a new theme; this month it's all about daily renewal, taking time for yourself to fill your cup, making sure that the things that are most essential don't get thrown by the wayside. It's something I have found to be crucial to my day otherwise I end up being a grumpy mom, a crabby wife and I feel like I haven't really accomplished anything for the day.

I am doing better so far this year and will keep trying.

For now I am listening to Sarah bang on a metal container and am trying not to scream- I am not feeling well this morning and her banging is driving me insane. Then she cutely tells Aimee, "did you know that every time you choose the right Satan loses power?" Her amazing teacher at church taught her that yesterday and it stuck- and I hope it always will.

I hope that you have a wonderful day. Make sure to check out Leah's blog, too.

No comments: