Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween to you!


(My Little Shoebox Trick or Treat collection)

Today is one of the days that kids look forward to each year with great anticipation of the large amounts of candy they'll receive and then (for them) hopefully consume.

It's the day that dentists love- simply because all of the ensuing cavities help to pay their bills.

Today, though, one of my girls is sick and she won't be going to the trunk or treat at the church with her sisters. I told her that we could do a Halloween egg hunt, carve her pumpkin (we have been out of town and STILL haven't carved our pumpkins) and just hang out at home. I think she's okay with not going out tonight since she hasn't been feeling well today anyway.

I am busy peeling apples again- we're making apple butter and apple sauce and whatever else we can think of to make with the apples we just got and then are making marinara sauce and salsa with our tomatoes. Bountiful Baskets has been such a fun investment for us!

I was talking to the girls about food storage and why it's important to have some extra food on hand- in case their Daddy loses his job, we don't have any money, there is a food shortage in the stores, a natural disaster, etc. Sarah told me, "You don't have to worry. I have a LOT of money. I have 68 coins."

I am not sure how much those 68 coins amounts to but I'm sure it's not more than a couple of dollars.

She told her little sister, "I promise I have that much. I just counted it last night," to which her 4 year old sister replied, "You're supposed to be sleeping at night, not counting your money."

Silly girls. They make me laugh every single day.

Anyway, I hope that you have a fun and safe Halloween .

I will take some pictures of the girls tonight before they leave for the trunk or treat at the church and we'll take a group pic when everyone is feeling up to it. I think Sarah will be okay to go back to school tomorrow. That fever is all that kept her home today. She's complained of a sore throat and stomachache so we didn't want to take any chances since apparently strep is going around.

Fun times, huh?

Happy Halloween!!!

3 comments:

leah said...

Hope she's feeling better! Loving the new bloggy look! ^_^

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Cute card Becky! Hope Sarah is feeling better.

Kathy Martin said...

Too cucte! :)