Monday, February 6, 2012

a new layout

Good morning!

How was your weekend? I hope that it was a nice break and that you're all rejuvenated to start a new week.

Some people think it's funny when others talk about "scrapping for themselves" versus doing team assignments. It's fun to do work for manufacturers and other teams, to get to try out their new products and I have loved the teams that I've been able to be a part of; I always scrap for myself but it's liberating to use any supplies you want without any kind of restrictions. Because I am a mom with 4 busy kids, a house and husband to take care of, I don't often get to do much more than my assignments so there isn't much time to "scrap for myself" but one day, after all of my CHA work was done, I sat down with an old kit from My Scrapbook Nook (featuring Crate Paper's Random collection) and made this page.

I love my girls but the two in this layout tend to butt heads a lot, and I mean A LOT. They used to get along so well, used to play together and have fun and laugh but now it seems that they are engaged in a screaming match more often than not. Sarah is tough but Aimee is as well and I just know that Aimee is going to outgrow Sarah before too long and Sarah is not going to like it at all.


I have to smile when I see them playing together the way they used to, having fun and not arguing over every little thing. I hope that they will be good friends again soon. 




What to you do when your kids just won't get along? 

I would love some suggestions!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

4 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Darling page! :)

Megan Aaron said...

this is beautiful!

jennifer edwardson said...

LOVE the layout of your girls Becky......Glad to see you took some time to 'scrap for yourself'....haven't done that in TOOOOO long !!!!

Alex said...

This is one of the cutest pages I've seen in a while! I fell for it the second I was it in the Nook gallery! Love your style Becky!