Saturday, May 12, 2012

scrapping with old supplies

Lately I've been wanting to dig into my scrapping stash to use some things I've had for a while but haven't had the chance to use because of team assignments.

For this page I used a mix of older and some more recent Pebbles Inc. products. I am a big fan of bright and cheery papers and embellishments because I have 4 very fun,happy kids. The two mix so well together!


I really like the tear strips at the bottom of a lot of scrapbooking papers these days. For this page I cut the extra from the top of the page so that I could keep the bottom strip attached. 


I used my Fiskars butterfly punch here along with some Pebbles buttons and American Crafts glitter Thickers. The little yellow stickers are from Cosmo Cricket. 


Pebbles flowers/flags and AC Thickers here again. 

We were supposed to be headed to the park this morning for a health fair that Hailey's karate group was going to do a demonstration in but because of our wonderful rainy weather (we really do need the rain) it has been postponed. As much as we would love to just play today we are going to have a "cleaning up the house" day. I have to find a way to make it fun for the kids or I might be cleaning all by myself ☺ 

How do you make cleaning fun for your kids? 

Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day (a day early) to all of you moms out there. It's a tough job at times but a wonderful blessing as well. I am so thankful to get to be a mother for my 4 girls. 

3 comments:

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Very gorgeous layout! Love it so much♥♥♥ Love those bright papers!

Virginia said...

Love the layout chickie! I've been wanting to pull out some stuff that I haven't had a chance to play with as well. Maybe this weekend I'll get a chance!

We always crank up the music. It definitely helps the time to go by faster! My kids love anything to do with "spraying"- they will clean anything if they can "shoot" the spray cleaner. Sometimes I even just give the littler ones a spray bottle of water. Also, I've found having limits to things helps them stay focus, so if they playroom needs picking up, we'll say, "Everyone go pick up 10 things!" Then they know when they're done. Or, if we're doing a whole house clean down, we'll all attack one room at a time, with each person having a specific job, like dusting or whatnot.

Good luck with your weekend activities! And I hope you have a sweet, sweet Mother's Day! :)

danni reid. said...

ABSOLUTELY LOOOOVE IT!