Friday, August 17, 2012

quick page today and a happy birthday wish

Are you a quick scrapper or do you agonize over every little detail on your pages?

I try to be quick since I don't have a lot of time to scrap. Most of my work has to be done at night after the kids are asleep so I have to make the best use of my time that I can.

I was able to put together this page pretty quickly. I think it took a total of about 20 minutes from start to finish, which is REALLY fast for me.

What do you do to streamline your creative process?

For this page, I knew the pictures I'd be using and just found some papers that matched well and went to work. I didn't agonize over the placement and just kept the page pretty simple. I pulled some older alphas from my stash (aren't those old woodgrain ones from Cosmo Cricket so fun?) and just glued things down instead of staring at the placement options over and over. I think it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself.


papers: Studio Calico

Using premade embellishments helps me to speed things along- things like the washi tape (from My Mind's Eye and American Crafts), big accents (the corrugated butterfly from Jillibean Soup) and a mix of alpha stickers (October Afternoon-red, American Crafts- pink, gray, Cosmo Cricket- woodgrain). The twine is from Pick Your Plum and was one of the greatest scrappy deals I have ever found! The cute journaling spots are from Jillibean Soup. I miss them but am glad that I have quite a stash from being on the team the last couple of years. Thanks, Jill, for being so generous! ♥



And, because today is my Hailey's birthday I will share some layouts featuring her: 






Happy 8th birthday, cute Hailey!

5 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

I just love all of these!!!!! It's not so much that I agonize over little details as it I I am super disorganized and can never find anything....lol.

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Wow! I'm never created a page in 20 minutes in my entire life. Once I was proud of myself for doing one in 1-1/2 hours, but I'm more like 3 to 4 hours a page so I guess I fall into the other category. ;) Your page is so cute though.

I love so many of your Hailey layouts too! Happy birthday Hailey! My Hayley turns seven in October--hard to believe they were just babies/toddlers when I first met you. :)

Monique Liedtke said...

Your pages are awesome, as always! I can watch your pages for ages and see new details every time. My fav is the "Joy and Happiness" page; love the photos, the design, the colors ... love it all!

Anonymous said...

What a great layout! I usually am a rather slow scrapper. But as you, I also scrap during the evenings when the kids are asleep.

Michelle Price said...

Love all the mixed font titles!