Saturday, October 20, 2012

Happy Birthday dear Aimee!

It's our sweet Aimee's 5th birthday today!

We are out of town for a gymnastics meet and will celebrate her birthday while we are gone. It is hard to believe that it's been 5 years since that sweet girl was born. I was scheduled for a c-section because of placenta previa and we knew she'd be a little early. What we didn't know, though, was that she would be ready to come even sooner. The Saturday before my scheduled Monday c-section date I started having very regular contractions and since I wasn't allowed to go into labor due to risk of massive hemorrhaging they rushed me in for an emergency c-section that very afternoon. And, when I say rushed, I mean rushed- I hardly had time to breathe after they gave me my spinal medication and they wanted me to lay down and put my feet up- and that wasn't happening. I was already going numb and I think my head must have been spinning due to the speed with which everything was happening. They got me situated, the drapes were hung and the doctors went to work. It was an odd (?) feeling as they started tugging and pulling this way and that and then our little Aimee was born! She is quite the fireball, quite stubborn at times but also the sweetest little thing!


Her sisters were SO excited to meet her and it still makes me smile to see those pictures of the first time they got to see her. Here are some layouts of her from over the years. 
























I have lots more but I guess that will do for today. 

She is a bright spot in our lives, a sweet blessing that we were given when we didn't think we'd be able to have any more children. She is a challenge at times (we all are, right?) but we are so grateful to be able to call her ours. 

Happy birthday, cute girl ♥

Please check back tomorrow for some more Bella Blvd "Kiss Me" projects. 

5 comments:

Cynthia Baldwin said...

Happy birthday, Aimee! Hope you have a wonderful day celebrating. :)
Becky, your layouts are absolutely gorgeous.

Patricia Roebuck said...

Love, love, love seeing her grow up thru scrapping. And I loved some of those lines! ;)

Happy Birthday, sweet Aimee!!!

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

So many cute photos and layouts! She's a lucky girl to have you for her mama. Happy Birthday Aimee! :)

Connie Mercer said...

wow fabulous collection of Lo's!!! happy Birthday to Aimee!!!!

antenucci said...

Love seeing the progression of your beautiful little lady and your scrapping style. What pinwheel pattern/die did u use on those flowers, love the shape!