Thursday, December 27, 2012

baby girl's first Christmas

Last Christmas Lily was only 8 months old and wasn't really sure of all that was going on around her. This year she can't seem to get enough of the sparkly lights, the music, opening presents and treats. Silly girl seems to take after her mama as she goes around wanting more "canny"- she's a chocolate girl like I am.

As we drive around the city looking at lights she says, "more, more" and I love it. I love this time of year when there is a bit of a buzz in the air from the excitement of Christmas. It is so fun for me that my kids share in that excitement. Many of our neighbors put lights on their houses this year and Lily can't seem to get enough- she loves to look out the window at them and I enjoy our short walks outside to see "more". Each night as we sing a song and say prayers we sit on the little bench in her room that is in front of her window, I open the blinds and she stares out at the lights. I would leave her blinds open so that she could see the lights as she fell asleep. Those little things are so sweet.

It was fun to watch her open presents this year, to see her excitement and her enthusiasm about tearing into her gifts. She didn't need much help from her sisters this year.

We had crepes for our traditional Christmas morning breakfast. We fill them with pudding and fruit and whipped cream and the girls LOVE them. Lily, however, didn't eat much more than the whipped cream. Silly girl.

Time is flying so quickly, these girls are growing up and I am grateful that I have lots of pictures and lots of scrapbook pages to help capture the memories of things that I sometimes forget.

Here is a page that I made with a picture of Lily from last year:


I used a mix of Bella Blvd's Christmas Wishes, Family Dynamix, Making the Team and Sunshine & Happiness collections. The "Christmas" part of my title was cut on my Cameo, as were the snowflakes. 


Isn't that such a cute little face? 


I cut a piece of cardstock the same size as the picture of Lily and then added strips of paper to it to add lots of color and pattern without a lot of business. 

I hope that you have had a wonderful Christmas with your family and that you are blessed with much peace and happiness during this sweet holiday season. 

♥♥♥


2 comments:

Tracey said...

I love this layout! So adorable!!

un apres-midi d'octobre said...

great job! I like when you said "without a lot of business", but what a result with good ideas! I am in love with this picture too;)
happy Holidays to you and your family,
Regards from France