Tuesday, February 26, 2013

trying to catch up and some new Dear Lizzy

Hi!

Remember me?

I apologize for not being a very good blogger lately.

I've been sick, two of my kids have been sick and the last two days the kids have been out of school on snow days.

We live in west Texas where we don't often get a lot of snow. This weekend, though, we got quite a bit and had blizzard conditions. The roads were too snowy/icy yesterday so school was cancelled. It warmed up just a bit during the day so the roads got slushy and now they're a frozen icy mess. We were supposed to have a 2-hour delay for the start of school but because the roads out in our area aren't ploughed yet they are still pretty hazardous. Hopefully by tomorrow the kids will be back to school.

Not that I mind having the kids home but they have been fighting a lot and that just wears me out. We have gotten to do some fun things and are just trying to enjoy our time stuck at home. The kids have been drawing and playing with Play Doh, doing gymnastics at home (class/practices were cancelled), reading, playing in the snow and I have been doing my best to keep my sanity with all four- including two being sick-at home and my husband at work all day.

I was able to get a little bit of scrapping done and have a new layout to share that I created using the new Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm line from American Crafts.


This collection is such a fun mix of patterns and colors, don't you think?


I thought the little roses were so cute! 


I cut the little chevron pieces from patterned paper and used foam adhesive to make them stand up. The die cut was made on my Silhouette Cameo.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

♥♥♥

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Oh, she is a cutie!! This is such a fantastic page!! I love it!