Tuesday, December 24, 2013

have a very Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!

Usually by now, the morning of Christmas Eve, I have accomplished so much more.

We only put up one tree this year- the one the kids get to decorate- and the other still sits in the box where it will presumably stay until next year. We still have half of our decorations in storage containers. Fudge hasn't been made yet, gingerbread houses are yet undecorated and our Christmas cards are still sitting in the box waiting to be mailed.

Has it been a crazy time around our house?

Absolutey.

Are the kids going crazy with excitement for this special holiday creating so many little gifts for each other?

YES.

I think at last count Hailey had made something like 70 presents. I have no idea what is wrapped in that paper but I bet her sisters will love it.

I finished helping Aimee with presents for her sisters yesterday; it is so fun to see the joy in their eyes as they work on something special for each other.

Will it likely end up on the floor sometime in the near future?

More than likely it will but for now they are enjoying themselves and that is the important thing.

I sometimes get too bogged down in the details of Christmas and don't slow down enough to really enjoy it. This year life has made me realize that I just can't do it all. We will find time to decorate the gingerbread houses while the kids are out of school, the other tree with all of my favorite ornaments can wait and fudge will eventually be made ☺but for now I am enjoying this time with my family when we can all be together.

We are going bowling with some friends this morning- their Christmas Eve tradition- we will exchange treats and play and get the house ready for tonight when we will sing carols, drive around to see the Christmas lights and read in Luke 2 about the birth of baby Jesus. We will open new pajamas and hustle the kids to bed as we furiously wrap all of the presents I've bought over the last couple of months.

It will be a wonderful holiday and we'll eat crepes on Christmas morning while the kids wait anxiously to open their gifts.

I hope that you have a wonderful time celebrating with your family.

Here is a layout that I created with this years' Christmas card and some supplies from Pebbles Inc:


I used a mix of papers from the Halloween and "From Me To You" collections as well as some Thickers and some American Crafts washi tape that I found at Target. 


Have a very Merry Christmas! 

♥♥♥