Wednesday, October 15, 2014

a new layout for Noel Mignon

I can't believe it's the middle of the week already.

And, it is almost the middle of the month, too!

This year has really flown by for me. How about you?

It seems that it never slows down!

Today I have a new Noel Mignon "Early Autumn" kit layout to share:


We were walking around in the At Home store in town and Hailey came across this fun Halloween display. She is typically quite reserved so of course I pulled out my phone and snapped a picture when I saw her goofing around with the witch! 

Noel tries to add an item to the kit each month that will last for a while- an ink pad, spray mist, a roll of tape, etc. This month we got this fun golden Mister Huey spray ink. I used it to "paint" on my background by dipping my paintbrush right into the bottle. I used some Heidi Swapp blue and green Color Shine mist as well. I think it's a great way to spice up a background and still have the white space. 


Adding the spray ink to the background also created a great place for the white My Mind's Eye rub-on part of my title. 


For this page I did something that I hadn't done before- I used an entire pack of brads on my page! I know, it probably seems crazy but I tend to not use up a whole pack so they just add to the stash I have in my room. I think I tend to use enamel dots more often and didn't want the pack to just hide in my room for a long time so I cut the top of the packaging off and put some foam adhesive on the reverse side and stuck the whole sheet down on my layout. 

Do you tend to use brads?

How do you use them in fun ways?

Have a fantastic day!

♥♥

1 comment:

LauraEva said...

I love that page!!! So great!
An entire package of brads?? Really?? I haven't used brads in a long time---I used to be obsessed---maybe I should continue! ;)