Thursday, September 10, 2015

Happy Day!

Today I have a couple projects to share that I made using the beautiful Pebbles Inc. collection, Happy Day.

This collection is a fun mix of florals, woodgrain, bicycles, crossword puzzles and pizza slices. How they managed to get that to go together I don't know but it works! This collection is so diverse and cute.


The first thing I have to share is this card:


In the Happy Day collection is a photo garland kit. I used one of the cardstock frames from this kit, added some acrylic paint to the front and a piece of patterned paper to the back. I then wrapped the frame with twine included in the garland kit and added a couple of hearts to the right side, stapled in the center and folded toward the center to add dimension to the card. I then adhered this piece to my 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" cardbase. 

For this layout I started with the "Sunday Paper" patterned paper as my base. I added stripes of acrylic paint to bring out the vibrant colors in the Happy Day collection.

After letting the paint dry I added a white cardstock diecut background. I filled some of the spaces with patterned paper and left others empty for journaling.


Here is a closer look at the hidden journaling areas: 


I backed the white cardstock hearts from the background piece with various patterns from the collection. Just as I did on the card shown above, I stapled the hearts in the center, folded them toward the center staple and then added my journaling. 


One of the fun additions to the Happy Day collection is this paper ribbon. I created a ruffled border along the bottom of my page with the blue floral ribbon, stapling it here and there. 

I finished off the page with my title using the woodgrain alpha Thickers. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

No comments: