Thursday, February 5, 2009

too much Mulan

I thought it would be fun for the kids to do some painting this afternoon. Nothing major, just cheap watercolor paints but fun for them nevertheless. They'd done a few paintings each and then Hailey disappeared upstairs. I figured she was done painting and was going to play until Sarah yelled out to me that Hailey had painted her face.
It turns out that Hailey was trying to be like Mulan, of course. There is a part in the Disney movie where Mulan gets her face painted and since Mulan is one of Hailey's favorites right now, of course she had to paint her face as well. I got a few pictures, had a talk with Hailey about face painting and promptly washed it off. Thankfully all of it came off easily.



I don't think we'll be watching Mulan for a while, at least not the same day that I let the girls paint. Nope. I don't think that's a good idea anymore.

No comments: