Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cosmo Cricket Tryout Take Two

Of all of the different scrapbook companies that have come and gone since I began scrapping more than 10 years ago, Cosmo Cricket has been one of my all-time favorites. It is consistently wonderful and so fun and inspiring to use! So, here I ago again...my second shot at trying for their design team. I just can't help it! While it may seem a little far-fetched because of all of the many other talented scrapbookers out there, I am giving it the old "college try" because you can't, after all, make it on a team that you don't try for. Being a member of the Cosmo Cricket team would be a dream come true for me!!! And, at the very least, if I don't make the team I've had fun going through both old and more recent Cosmo Cricket projects I've created and have been able to make some brand new things as well.

I knew that I was a Cosmo fan but hadn't realized the depth of my CC stash until I pulled everything out a week or so ago, surprised to find papers and other embellishments from a wide variety of past and current lines: Halfway Cafe, Oh Joy, Chemistry, Gretel, Ever After, Girl Friday, Lil' Man (even though I don't have any boys- I 've used it on some girl pages and bought it special for a mini book I created for Hailey's preschool teacher this year), Storytime, Souvenir, Wanted, Haunted, Honey Pie, Dutch Girl, Jitterbug, Mr. Campy, Early Bird (my favorite so far!!)Snorkel, Hello Sunshine, Wonderland and Hey Sugar. Quite a variety, huh? For some I have lots left because I bought more and more and more (that's what I did with the Early Bird- I couldn't help myself, and I am sure that some of you can relate) and for others I have merely scraps. Each line is unique and gorgeous and fun and have provided hours of scrapping enjoyment for me over the years. To avoid stretching this out too far, here are some of the Cosmo Cricket layouts, cards and things that I have created, some recent and others a little bit older.

How about some older projects first?





Here you can see featured some Girl Friday, Oh Joy, Dutch Girl, Wanted, Gretel, Hey Sugar, Mr. Campy and Hello Sunshine. These are by no means all of the pages I have created using Cosmo Cricket but simply a sampling of my love for these products. My style has certainly changed over the years but my love of Cosmo Cricket has not. It's amazing!!! I don't know how they keep coming up with all of the great, innovative ideas for their designs but they do it again and again.

And now for a few more recent layouts and cards:

Ever After collection



Girl Friday





Oh Joy Christmas collection



Early Bird -This has got to be my all-time favorite collection from Cosmo Cricket!The colors are rich and beautiful, the patterns gorgeous and so easy to scrap with and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the coordinating chipboard and these new spinner cards. They are way too much fun!!





This one combines some Girl Friday, Jack's World, Early Bird and Lil' Man.


And last, but not least, a wall hanging I created using some "vintage" Halfway Cafe paper paired with some not-s0-old Oh Joy. I was excited that these two very different lines could work together so well. I started with a plain frame which I distressed (with my Crop A Dile, ha ha!) and inked before doing the rest of the work.


So there you have it! Now to send off my email to the Cosmo Cricket folks to make this official! Wish me luck :)
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you've been inspired by these beautiful Cosmo Cricket products just like I have! Have a wonderful day :)

8 comments:

Lisa Carroll said...

Becky these are all beautiful! Good Luck with the call!

mustangkayla said...

Wishing you the best Becky! You sure rock th e CC! I love this post and saved it for inspiratiion! Beautiful work!

Dee said...

great LOs I am sure CC will be majorly impressed! Best of luck :)

Connie Mercer said...

Good Lucky Becky!!!

amanda said...

whoa Becky.. all of your stuff looks AWESOME!! Sending you good luck vibes!!! .. eeek!!! I'm a HUGE CC fan too, and likely would've applied.. if I had more time. :(. So, now I will just root for you!! woo hooo!!! Go Becky Go!! :)

Unknown said...

OK, if I were chosing, you'd be top on my list. Your stuff is so fabulous, I think you're a perfect match for CC! Good luck!

Linda said...

Becky, I just looooove these projects! You are so talented and you really make all these papers work so well together. Just love it!

Anonymous said...

OH my Becky I wish you much success and luck!! Break a leg sweetie.