Saturday, June 6, 2009

take a picture...it'll last longer

Have you ever heard the phrase, "Take a picture, it will last longer"? Well, in this case, that is more true than you know.

You see, I have three little girls under the age of 5 and our house can be quite a mess at times, more often than not as a matter of fact. No matter how hard I try I just can't keep things cleaned up all by myself and sometimes our house looks like a tornado has come through. Thankfully a lot of the mess is usually upstairs where no one but us can see it but at times it nags at me and drives me a little crazy. But, I know they are kids and I know to not expect too much of them in that department.

There have been a couple of occasions in the last week or so when Hailey has gotten the crazy urge to clean. I hope she keeps this up!! Anyway, earlier in the week, or maybe it was even last week, she enlisted her Daddy's help to clean upstairs. The ENTIRE upstairs. I think he deserved a treat for following her very exact orders :)

Anyway, because I know that the above saying is very true regarding the cleanliness of our home I decided I'd better take some pictures (and vacuum as well) so that I could enjoy the clean a little bit longer. These are from Hailey's room and the family room, by the way. See the couches? Cute, but such a mistake to have with kids. They've colored on them, decorated them with nail polish, you name it, it's been done. Should have gone with the dark brown ones but that's another discussion for another day.


Hailey did a pretty darn good job, don't you think? Tremendous, I think. And, now she gets on Sarah's case whenever she even so much as thinks about taking out a toy and not cleaning up after herself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!...can I borrow her?

Sami said...

I am impressed! I think we need to come to your house so Hailey can give my kids some lessons. Don't get me wrong...Dylan will get on kicks like that every once in a while, but kinda few and far between. Is she excited to start Kindergarten?

Connie Mercer said...

She's a keeper!! great job Hailey.

Maretta said...

This is amazing! When can she come over and clean Grandma's house??? I tried getting something done yesterday, but it was mostly outside work...it was just too nice to sit inside! I'm writing from my school computer - home computer is having issues and needs Dad's magic touch to make it all better...tends to freeze up a lot and that's just not normal for a Mac. I think it's just getting old...me, too! (ha ha) Love you guys! Love, Mom