Sunday, July 19, 2009

how about some Lemonade?

I am not sure where my scrapbooking mojo is hiding but I am pretty sure it's made its way to Australia or some other far-off place. I say Australia because I've recently introduced my kids to "Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day" book and am so glad that they LOVED it as much as I do. It's such a great book, and good for a laugh when you're having a not-so-great day. The main character thinks that things would be better if he just moved to Australia.

Like I was saying, though, I have been trying to scrap lately and am just not that excited about the pages I've been making. Perhaps it's that old pressure thing, trying to create a fantastic page every time and it's just not happening. At all.

Maybe I need to go to Australia.

Because I have this beautiful Scrapbook Nook kit with the gorgeous Basic Grey Lemonade paper I decided yesterday to play a little bit and while I am okay with what I made I am nowhere near being crazy about the pages. I will share them with you anyway and you can tell me what I can do to make them look better. How's that?

These are all pictures from our trip to the park the other day.

For this first page with pictures of Hailey playing with her shadow I used the back of one of the BG Lemonade die-cut doily papers and cut strips from one of the pieces of patterned paper. I mounted the Lemonade alpha stickers on the blue paper in the collection, cut them out and doodled with my white gel pen over each letter. After that I added some Stickels glitter glue as well. I used some Lemonade chipboard pieces and rub-ons as well.

This piece of paper is one of my favorites from the Lemonade collection so I wanted to use it with these cute pics of my cute girls. I used a bit of lace and a leftover scrap from the pink doily paper as a border on the right side of the page. The words are Maya Road chipboard which I inked with a lovely blue glitter pen included in our Nook kit. I added some little rhinestones also. Pretty simple.
The Prima flowers in the kit are actually a little bit larger but since I didn't want them to overwhelm the chipboard I was going to mount them on I trimmed off the outer petals. The tiny alphabet stickers are some of my favorite alphas, and they are from Making Memories.
Thanks for stopping by and make sure to come back tomorrow for my first Sketch Monday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the use of the Lemonade!

Beautiful work!

Dee said...

love that Lemonade paper and your LOs- it sure is perfect paper for Little Girl stuff - I used a piece of a lace on a LO the other day and thought, "Thank You Becky" ;)

Anonymous said...

Becky your LO are awesome!! THey may not be he colors you are used to but they are great LO's!!