Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July kit from My Scrapbook Nook

I have been anxious to work with this kit since it first came in the mail and finally got a chance to do some scrapbooking yesterday. You'd think I would have gotten to scrapbook some while Ginger was here but things were so busy and we didn't get to do anything. Oh well. There's always Thanksgiving time when they come to visit again.

Anyway, this kit is the July one from My Scrapbook Nook, featuring the Lemonade collection by Basic Grey. I couldn't resist the chipboard and felt shape add-ons! In the kit you also get some pretty pink Prima flowers, blue glitter pen, Maya Road chipboard words, a Donna Downey fabric tag and some pretty trims.

I typically scrap 12x12 pages but decided to make this one 8 1/2 x 11 just to do something different. It's fun to mix things up once in a while to keep scrapping fresh and fun. The pink background paper is one of the paper doily add-ons (you get a blue one in the kit) and I was hesitant at first to cut it up but like the look of it on this page. I added some white doodling to help the pink POP! The yellow ribbon is from the June Nook kit.



It was my mother-in-law's birthday yesterday so I made this little card with the scraps from the page above. Aren't these colors just so beautiful and summery?


I hope you have a wonderful day!! Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Lisa Carroll said...

They are both beautiful. I really love the layout though. You rocked the smaller size!

Anonymous said...

Wow Becky you scrap talent never stops amazing me... Great LO and card!!

mustangkayla said...

Once again, beautiful work!

Carol said...

great stuff Becky....you've got some serious skillzzz! =)

Ninas hobbyblogg said...

Wonderful layout and birthday card!

Sherri said...

Just gorgeous! This seems like a stretch outside of your norm. I really like it :)

Ginger said...

Wow! That layout is completly stunning Becky!!!!! And so is the card. I really need to go get me some of that BG!

LG said...

This is so gorgeous Becky! I love every inch of it