Wednesday, September 9, 2009

and a quick layout

I have been trying to scrap more lately and sometimes that means doing a simpler page just to get in some scrapping time.

Today I used some pictures of Sarah jumping in puddles that we took while on our walk at a neighborhood park about a week ago. The green in the pics went perfectly with the packaging insert from the Prima cherry blossoms in my September kit from My Scrapbook Nook.

Aren't you proud of me for re-purposing my trash?

Otherwise the page is pretty simple, nice and quick and easy. A couple bits of ribbon and some staples and part of one of the journal cards from the kit and that's about it. I sanded the edges of the paper and blackened the red edge of the journal card to match my page.

One of the cool things that I like about this page is that the main photo was edited using a cool technique I just learned how to do in Photoshop. You simply create a duplicate layer of your photograph, turn it to black and white, then use the eraser tool to bring the color back where you want it. I learned it from a tutorial on Jessica Sprague's site. You can read all about it here


Have a great night! I hope to get some more scrapping done tomorrow :)

3 comments:

Sherri said...

I love this. Easy-peasey, and cute.

Anonymous said...

I like the photo editing!

laterg8r said...

very cool pic and great subject for a LO :D