Thursday, October 8, 2009

beautiful fall day

It's such a warm day outside today that it's hard to believe that it's fall.

Really- it's about 85 degrees right now and it's almost 6 o'clock.

Instead of heading home right after picking up Hailey from school I thought it would be nice for us to go over to the park and play a while...and get some new pictures of the girls. Of course I had an ulterior motive, so I grabbed my camera and told the girls that if they'd willingly say "cheese" for the camera a few times (we don't usually say cheese, more along the lines of "stinky underpants" since that really gets a smile- there's not really anything fun about just "cheese") then I would let them play at the playground for a little while.

Here are some of the pics I got today:


Sarah is such a silly girl when it comes to having her picture taken!

Cute Aimee on the slide :)

Getting all three to look at the camera at the same time isn't always an easy task.

There are some huge trees around the lake at the park which I knew would make a great fall backdrop for my pictures. Mind you, this is west Texas, and most of the leaves are still green. Yeah, not too much fall color going on yet here. It reminds me of scrapper Stephanie Howell's recent layout about faking fall. It's pretty true over here, too.


And here are the girls watching the ducks...the wanted to keep a safe distance, I guess.

2 comments:

LG said...

`What a great day for you indeed. LOL. We almost go and do stuff for a reason :P I need to bring Hannah to the park too

Those young ladies are so so cute.

Cluff Chronicles said...

It maybe didn't feel like fall yesterday, but you can get your feel for fall today!