Sunday, October 11, 2009

what I love about fall

Fall is certainly here in west Texas. We've gone from summer to winter lately, though, as the temperatures have dropped from mid 80's to mid-40's during the day. I enjoy the cold more than the heat but am eagerly waiting for the temperatures to go back up a little bit!!

I created this layout using the October kit from Color Me Daisy. You can check them out here

This kit features papers and embellishments from Crate Paper and Sassafras Lass and are so perfect for scrapping fall pics. I used a collage of pics from our activities last year to show what I enjoy about this season. Journaling reads:  I love cozy sweaters, cute girls in costumes, changing colors of the leaves, hayrides, carving pumpkins, apple cider, fluffy cotton, fall festival and hot air balloons, being with family.

And, don't you love that picture of Matt with the pumpkin?! He's the best and always good for a laugh. Sometimes I don't laugh enough at his jokes but I do appreciate that he's always trying to keep things light and fun.


Here is a picture of my finished mini album, too. I kept it pretty simple by using the journaling blocks from the Pink Paislee Amber Road collection (September kit from My Scrapbook Nook), cut them down to size to fit the pages of the Maya Road postage stamp mini, inked the edges and added some doodling and called it good. There is a page inside for each member of my family to share what they are thankful for this year as well as a page for a current picture of us this Thanksgiving. Sometimes simple is the way to go!



Have a wonderful Sunday!

3 comments:

mustangkayla said...

I just love the shape of the mini. It looks great!

laterg8r said...

love the LO - love the funny face :D

Anonymous said...

The picture of Matt screams "Look at me!!" I t was the first thing I noticed. You have to love our center of attention guys.