Friday, January 29, 2010

scrapping on my snow day and another layout for you

I have been working with the gorgeous February kit from My Scrapbook Nook and now have my kit from Color Me Daisy as well so I have the perfect excuse when I say that I NEED to scrap. I really do!! We are supposed to have our projects done as quickly as possible so the end of each month is quite busy as I prepare layouts and other projects for the new kits.

Today I decided to finish this layout I'd started. I used the outside of this black floral paper earlier in the week and today am using the rest. Isn't it pretty? I liked the print on the reverse side as well, so I cut out  the center, cut it just a little bit smaller and then mounted both pieces on this dark aqua paper- I LOVE how this color combination turned out! It's nice when things work out that way.

Everything is from the kit/add-ons except for the twine and little pearls, in case you were wondering. It's such a gorgeous kit. Leah outdoes herself every single month and over and over again I fall in love with something new.


and a little detail shot with the journaling:



Do you have big plans for this weekend? I hope you have a great one wherever you find yourself. 

9 comments:

Star Rork said...

this is just gorgeous! I love that die-cut paper!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What a precious and sweet layout!!! and the pic is wonderful!!! I can`t wait to receive mine,but I`ll be out most of February,summer family vacations.

Rebecca Keppel said...

beautiful photo and gorgeous LO

Unknown said...

So beautiful. Your page and your daughter!!!

Ginger said...

I need to be a better commenter--I come by your blog almost everyday, but am aweful at commenting--sorry about that! I can't believe how much snow you all got! That is crazy! No chance of a snow day ever happening around here, but I know Ty would love it! And what a lovely layout Becky! Love that Basic Grey!

Sherri said...

Oh my Becky, this is just gorgeous, my favorite layout of yours by far. Everything goes together so perfectly. This kit is just beautiful.

Gina said...

This is stunning!!! Simply beautiful. Is this part of the BG secret?

beckyjune said...

nope, Gina, it isn't, this is just another kit layout I finished up, but nice try ;)

marion said...

Une très très belle page!
La photo est magnifique!