Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day and a Jillibean Soup sketch

Are you celebrating today?

We like to do fun things like making green eggs (though everyone looks at them funny and pokes around at them a while before having a bite), green waffles, etc. My 5 year old has been excited about this day for weeks, planning her outfit, making sure to remind everyone to wear green. I even made sure that Matt wore a green tie to work so that Hailey can't pinch him when he gets home.

I made a little card and a while later after I have some better light I'll take a picture and add it to this post.

For now, here's a layout I made from the latest Jillibean Soup sketch:

You can see the details of the contest here: http://jillibeansoup.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/03/free-for-all-friday-lets-try-a-sketch.html


and here's my take: 


As you can see, I rotated the sketch 90 degrees to the left. I used the new Old World Cabbage Stew line for this with a mix of a few other Jillibean things.  Isn't their stuff so cute?! I can't wait to see who makes the new design team list on Friday.


Oh, one more thing before I go make some green waffles- don't forget to check my giveaway post here http://onescrappinmama.blogspot.com/2010/03/woohoo-how-about-little-giveaway.html and leave a comment for a chance at some fun scrappy supplies. You have until midnight Friday EST.

Have a great day!!

11 comments:

Sherri said...

I absolutely love how you flipped the sketch on it's side! So hoping you're on the new JBS new team, you two were made for each other ♥

Anonymous said...

I love this page...my birthday is coming. Just a reminder early enough so you can get all of your pages together and published in a book for me to copy all of your ideas. Good Luck on making the JBS team. Your work is amazing and you deserve this chance!

Guylaine Seyer said...

nice take on the sketch

laterg8r said...

love that you cut out the cardinals - great page :D

danni reid. said...

oh how i love this and am so hoping they pick you, you work their products brilliantly!

Pamela said...

This is fantastic! I love it! :)

Rebecca Keppel said...

love love LOVE the ruffled border :)

Kelly Massman said...

Such a fun layout with those cute girls!

Pearl said...

so adorable your girls are ! wonderful take on the sketch !

Phoebe said...

BECKY!!! I just saw that you made the JBS DT, girl!! Congratulations!! That is AWESOME!! You deserve it, sweetie! I'm so happy for you! And did you see...Leah's a guest designer?? How cool is that?? You guys rock! I hope you're out celebrating! WOOHOO!! :)

Jeannette Siciliani said...

Love what you did around the edges! Great layout.