Tuesday, May 3, 2011

just updating on Lily

I called the NICU last night to check on Lily and found out that they were going to start trying to bottle-feed once per 12-hour shift in preparation for getting her off of the tube- turns out she wasn't really interested I found out later...could make things difficult since she needs to be eating (not tube-feeding) in order to come home.

Good news, though, she's done really well with the tube feedings, no diarrhea or spitting up and they've been able to decrease the IV fluids.

Today they're going to try to get Lily out from under the warmer and see if she can maintain her own body temperature- at least that will be a step in the right direction.

This morning Aimee, my 3 year old, keeps saying, "I want Lily."

Well, I want Lily, too, and while before they'd told us she could probably come home today or tomorrow that won't be the case since she's not nursing or bottle-feeding yet. I'm having a bit of a hard morning today. Hormones sure don't help, either. And I am tired. And the kids are not listening to me today. And Hailey cut her hair. And Aimee wants me to do everything for her. I think everyone is having a bit of a rough day around here trying to adjust to things. Perhaps they got too used to not having me around.

There sure are a lot of ups and downs- I am grateful for the ups and know the downs will get better soon.

1 comment:

Nicole Martel said...

aw Becky, hang in there. I can't imagine how hard it must be not having Lily there with you! And just remember that your little girls are probably feeling your stress too... Hugs