Friday, October 5, 2012

and...we're back! and a couple of projects

Hi again!

I now know in a small way what it must feel like for people who lose power, phone, internet, etc. as the result of a bad storm. We were without our phone, internet and cable for 5 days and it's amazing how much we become so tied to those things.

The tv I can do without because I just don't watch that much but the internet is something that I use all the time, especially to keep up on my design team responsibilities. I have had so many things to post and turn in this week and just couldn't so I'll be sharing those things little by little over the next week.

In big news- tomorrow is World Cardmaking Day and I will have cards to share for both Bella Blvd and Lily Bee and there will be LOTS of cards shared on those blogs as well, so stay tuned and be prepared to be inspired to create!

We have a big gymnastics meet at our gym this weekend so it is going to be a busy one and thankfully we have Monday off to recuperate. I think we will really need it after the week we have had. I won't even go into that but will just say that I have had it up to "here" as they say sometimes. It is incredible the calm I feel just being able to sit and blog again and my 4 year old is happy to be able to watch her "Doc McStuffins" show on tv. The simple things, right? I know, it's silly.

This week I had a couple of projects up on the Queen and Company blog- I am doing some freelance work with them that I couldn't turn down- have you SEEN their washi tapes? I love them. You can imagine the way my jaw dropped when I opened the box and there were something like 50 rolls of all kinds of patterned tapes.

Anyway, here is what I created using their new Trendy Tapes, buttons and twine, along with some cute little blingy stars:


First off, I created the butterflies by adhering some strips of tape on a piece of cardstock which I then using my Fiskars butterfly punch. The little tag is from Jillibean Soup and the twine is from Queen and Co. 

Here is the finished card:


I also created this layout using just a few of the Trendy Tapes that I was sent:


the tiny buttons are so cute! I cut the sunbursts on my Silhouette Cameo and the alphas are from American Crafts and October Afternoon. The journaling spot is from Jillibean Soup.


Thanks so much for coming by today. I will try and get caught up here as quickly as I can. 

Make sure to stop by tomorrow for World Cardmaking Day!

Have a great weekend ♥

No comments: