Thursday, July 25, 2013

I guess I forgot about this one!

I have one more page for you this week, one that I thought I'd shared but hadn't yet. 

Every year on 9/11 at a park in our town there is a big flag display honoring those who fell on that fateful day so many years ago. We go and visit to pay our respects and to teach the kids to appreciate the sacrifices of others. It is a humbling site to see the hundreds of flags and there is a reverence there for those who died with such bravery in the face of such evil. I hope we always remember them. 

I created this page using a mix of American Crafts. The red and white background is from a Christmas collection, the stars from a Halloween one. It just goes to show that you can mix and match things from "themed" collections without having to go with the actual theme of the collection sometimes. I used strips of paper to cover up the Christmas quotes on the ledger paper and added some spray mist drawing for fun. I've been wanting to dive into the watercolor trend and hadn't done so yet. 




Have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

VERY cute--LOVE how you mixed Soho Garden, Christmas and Halloween lines to create a 4th of July page--CLEVER!