Friday, July 26, 2013

just for fun

With the craziness of CHA over now I have had a bit of a lull in scrappy assignments and it was nice to pull some things out of my stash and just play.

It may seem wierd when people say that they wanted to scrap "just for fun"- meaning not for an assignment but just for the fun of scrapping. I totally get it, though, and sometimes my scrappy brain needs a break from things to keep it all nice and fresh. Sometimes we get caught up in deadlines, caught up in using just what we are allowed to use and sometimes I need a little break. I love being on my teams and love the opportunities I have been given but it's fun to mix it up once in a while, too, so that I don't get stuck in a rut.

Do you know what I mean?

Last night I did just that- pulled some Fancy Pants out of my stash of things I'd bought recently but hadn't had time to use because of assignments and just played. It was fun- this isn't anything earth-shattering or brilliant but it was nice to just scrap for the heck of it, for the fun of it.

I've been a FP fan since way back when and have been loving their recent collections. This layout uses bunch of "What a Wonderful Day" and "Memories Captured".


The background paper is from the Memories Captured line.


The new little cork shapes are so fun!


Have a great weekend! 

Come back next week for news about a scrappy giveaway.

♥♥

6 comments:

Diana Waite said...

VERY cute, and YES I do know what you mean! ;)

Lauren Hender said...

Super cute! Love all the layers :-)

shire said...

your layout is really really really beautiful..I like the pink :)

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Super cute! I have been doing a little of this myself lately and it is so fun to get to just play!!!

Suzanna Lee said...

It's such a treat to just play isn't it?! Adorable pic and layout!

Leanne said...

oh so cute!! another beautiful LO..x