Tuesday, August 12, 2014

thinking about Robin Williams

Hi.

I don't usually do many "pop culture" posts here, I stick to scrapping and talking a bit about my family and our goings on.

I realize that a lot of celebrities come and go, some leave a mark because of their creative genius, some touch us by their craft. Robin Williams was definitely one of those for me.

I remember watching "Mork and Mindy" when I was a kid and have watched countless others of his shows throughout the years from "Hook" and "Jumanji" to "Patch Adams" and "Dead Poets Society" and on and on.

To hear that he passed away yesterday from suicide still causes me to tear up.

The man who made so many of us laugh over the years was fighting his own demons.

I think that can be said of many of us.

So, a reminder to be careful how we treat others, to love as best as we can, to help and lift and serve and do what we can to be a blessing to those we know. We never know fully the burden others might be carrying.

It is so, so sad.

And so, today, I bring back an older layout that I made for Jillibean Soup that features this fantastic Robin Williams quote:


RIP, Robin Williams.

♥♥

3 comments:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

It really is so so so so sad. How wonderful that you made a layout using one of his quotes!

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

What a sweet tribute! Thanks for the reminder...

Sorry said...

Thanks for every other excellent post. The place else could anyone get that type of information in such an ideal manner of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I'm on the search for such information...Cccam Server