Saturday, March 14, 2009

My scrapbooking and My Little Shoebox

Anyone who knows me very well knows that I love to scrapbook. I mean LOVE to scrapbook. I've been scrapping in one form or another since I was in junior high school. Back then I would cut out pics of my favorite actors and musicians and glue them onto scrap paper and put them in binders and would also scrap miscellaneous pictures I had of my friends and family. I went from that to working on my high school yearbook and served as co-editor my senior year.

Thankfully my style has improved since those days and what used to just be something fun to do has turned into a necessary creative outlet for me and an escape from the stresses of being a busy stay-at-home mom of three kids aged 4 1/2, 3 and 1.

I used to try and scrap something everyday and was on quite a roll for a while this year until my family started getting sick. This page that I am about to share with you was a week in the making...not quite a record for me but at least it's finally done. While I was making pages in an hour or so before I've not had much time to scrap lately since I just haven't had the time or energy to with all the sicky stuff going on at home. I hope to get back into the groove soon but for now here are a page and a card to tide you over...

I fell in love with this cute paper and its embellishments when I saw it during the CHA sneak peeks. It's from a relatively new company called My Little Shoebox and it's ADORABLE. So fun and so perfect for scrapping my kids. They are also having a design team call, so I thought I'd give it a shot since I ADORE their product. Being on a manufacturer design team would be a dream come true for me, so I'll keep my fingers crossed knowing that there will be PLENTY of other competition. But, if I don't make it I can still play with their oh-so-cute stuff. And, by the way, if you want to get a closer look you can just click on the image.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way cute Becky...you can come over and hand cut out things for me any time you want!

Janelle said...

I love the stuff you have created with MLS papers! I saw that call too and am thinking about giving it a try, although with scrappers like you trying for it, I probably don't stand a chance! :) I love their stuff, I just bought some in Amarillo the other day and can't wait to play with it!