Friday, July 17, 2009

Simple Friday #1

I mentioned yesterday that I would be starting something new today...Simple Fridays!

While I love to make frilly, layered pages I would also like to be able to get more of my pictures onto pages and into albums so I need to figure out a way to make my scrapping quicker so that I can get more done. Not that I am scrapbooking "just to get it done" but I have a big basket of pictures that are just waiting to be scrapped and that pile just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I guess I just don't want some of those little moments to be forgotten.

And, no, I am not going to change my style completely, I love layers and lots of embellishments and ribbons and buttons and things but some of my pages, at least the ones for Simple Fridays, are going to be more on the simple side.

Take this page, for instance. I limited the amount of supplies I could use and kept the design about as simple as I could. I did cut these pretty butterflies out of the Jillibean Soup patterned paper but that was the most time consuming thing. All in all it took about 20 minutes to make this page. Not too bad, huh? If I could make all of my pages this quickly I'd get so much more done. Some layouts just take more time to put together. I maybe would have added more to this one but wanted to keep it nice and simple. And, the pics are just 2- 4x6 ones.

Supplies: Jillibean Soup patterned paper x 3, Cherry Arte background polka dot paper (from June AC Bailey kit), white American Crafts Thickers, black pen, staples. Oh, and my Fiskars scallop edge punch.

What are your plans for the weekend? We are having a pajama party and will be watching a movie together as a family. And, as Sarah says, "you can't have a pajama party without treats" so we're going this morning to shop for the yummiest treats we can find. The girls have been so good lately so this is our reward to them. What sweet children we have. I am so lucky.

Have a happy Friday!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow, your simple pages look like my pages...they are cute though. I like my pages. But please do more of the Beckyesk pages too so I can attempt to copy them. :)

It also sounds like you are going to have a fun night!

jenifer said...

ok, i LOVE all your scrap stuff... someday... i have a random question. i want to make a little book for justin to take with him when he leaves-- i'm thinking of making an online scrapbook and having it printed (like a real book). i've seen them before but i have no idea what site to use. any ideas?

jenifer said...

ok... a couple more questions.
i'm doing binders for my kids with their special papers from last school year-- it's nothing like your scrapbooks. but, i was wondering what you use to glue/tape and what pens you use. i know, i'm in the remedial scrapbook class.