Wednesday, August 12, 2009

going on a Road Trip with OA*pic added

The August kit from My Scrapbook Nook is such a fun one, and so versatile for scrapping things other than travel. In fact, a lot of what I've seen from the rest of our time has been subjects other than travel if that tells you anything. The colors will go with just about anything.

I would like to think that I am a fun mom, that I am easy-going and let my kids be kids.

There are times when I am probably too hard on them.

Times when I just need to chill out.

But I let them have fun and turn my head and ignore things sometimes just so they can have fun.

One thing I love to watch is them jumping on the bed.

Some people don't like it but we actually encourage it. We pull the mattresses onto the floor and the girls do straddle jumps and tuck jumps and forward rolls and whatever else- flying leaps from the dresser (now that one I don't particularly like) and they laugh and have so much fun.

Seeing these pictures reminded me of part of Celine Dion song that talks about kids. The chorus says something to the effect "let them dance, let them soar, for their lives have begun..."

Kids need to be kids...time passes too quickly and they'll be all grown up.

Let them dance, let them soar.

well, I wanted to post a page but Blogger is having issues uploading pics right now. I'll try again later.


Ok, it's working now. Here's the page I was talking about and a simple card as well.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that it is fun to watch the kids just be kids...I love their silly giggles and belly laughs when they come up with something that only they understand. What a fun page to scrap about...and I really love the card too.

Daniela Dobson said...

I love that layout!! The pictures are perfect and so is the title.
I agree with you about having fun. I don't sweat the small stuff.

Stacey Michaud said...

Giggle! Love your Mommy comments! Good for you for letting them jump! The layout is just great--I love the pinwheel flowers!