Wednesday, August 24, 2011

sharing some cards today

Today is  my last post on the blog for A Walk Down Memory Lane. It was fun to be a guest designer there this month. Their store has lots of the newest scrappy supplies and the ladies there are so nice!

For my post today I share how you can adapt layout sketches to use for cardmaking.

Becky Fleck kindly allowed me to use some of her sketches for this project and it was a lot of fun!

Here's one of the cards and you'll be able to see the other on the blog as well as the sketches I pulled ideas from.


and a detail shot: 


For these cards I used the 6x6 pad from the My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Life of the Party collection, SRM Stickers, EK Success flower punch, Queen & Co. bling (thanks, Ginger- I made this card while at her house in Houston), American Crafts kraft cardstock and foam adhesive. 

You can see my blog post here: 

and here is one more project that I did for them that I haven't shared here yet:


This mixes some Cosmo Cricket, Pink Paislee Hometown Summer, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist, Basic Grey, My Little Yellow Bicycle and alphas from American Crafts and October Afternoon. 

Have a great day!

4 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

I just love that card! I may have to lift that idea :) I am so not a card maker but find this one adorable....and LOVE that layout too!!

Angi Barrs said...

Super adorable card. Love that SRM sticker that you used. :)

Sherri said...

♥ love ♥ love that card, think I need to scraplift it :)

leah said...

Love, love! What a cute card! ^_^